The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) shares in its website 5 reasons to choose concrete pavers for your landscape project.
Five reasons to choose concrete pavers over other options:
- Attractiveness – Many homeowners consider pavers a much more attractive way to go than asphalt and poured concrete. Concrete pavers come in a vast array of colors, shapes, sizes and textures. Concrete paver colors include beautiful beige, coral, variegated or darker blends, as well as blends with flashed tones to harmonize with a home’s exterior cladding. They can easily be put into patterns that complement the architectural style of your home because there’s such a wide variety of style available.
- Durability – Concrete pavers should maintain their beauty and strength for a number of years when installed correctly. Other pavements, such as asphalt or poured concrete, typically experience shorter lives.
- Maintenance – Concrete pavers are easier to maintain and last longer without needing to be repaired. In fact, factory-made pavers last for decades and need practically no maintenance when installed to ICPI guidelines. If a concrete paver becomes stained or broken, it can be easily replaced individually without patches.
- Cost – The cost of concrete pavers is substantially less than natural stone, and concrete pavers provide an equally as attractive appearance. When factoring in maintenance costs and project durability, concrete pavers are also extremely affordable compared to other outdoor surface choices, such as poured concrete.
- Safety – Pavers provide a safe, slip-resistant surface for pedestrian, vehicular and pool projects.
ALWAYS REMEMBER: Colorful, durable concrete pavers provide an easy and elegant way to improve your family’s quality of life now and your home’s curb appeal when the time comes to sell.